What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels are powerful exfoliants that can greatly improve the appearance of your skin. Chemical peels are available in a variety of formulations and concentrations to target various skin concerns like fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes, and uneven skin tone. They help resurface the uppermost layer of the skin to reveal new, healthy skin underneath. By applying a medical grade chemical solution to your skin, we actively destroy the old superficial skin allowing for new skin to surface.
We are pleased to carry The Perfect Derma™ Peel product line. This is an effective medium depth peel for all skin types and ethnicities. This product is safe and painless, with no pre-peel skin preparation and little downtime. The Perfect Derma™ Peel is the only peel that includes the powerful anti-oxidant Glutathione, which lightens and brightens the skin, slows down the aging process and helps prevent wrinkles. As we age, our Glutathione levels are depleted due to sun exposure, air pollutants and environmental stress. Topical application is considered to be the safest, most effective method of correcting hyper pigmentation.
A chemical Peel can be performed on the face, neck, or hands and can help:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancyor taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
At GlowDerma, we understand that each person’s skin has different needs. We offer different treatment modalities to cater to your skin’s health. We focus on an individualized approach in order to determine the strength of the treatments required for your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which skin conditions can be helped with Dermal Peels?
- Acne Scarring
- Texture Scaring
- Uneven Pigmentation
- Acne- Prone Skin
- Minor Breakouts
What should I expect with this procedure?
- The process takes up to 15-20 minutes after a thorough consultation. Your skin will feel tight/dry for 1-3 days and you will start peeling within 3-4 days. The peeling process will last up to 1.5 weeks. You will provided with a sunscreen and post peeling moisturizer to moisturize and hydrate your skin throughout the entire peeling process.
Are there risks associated with this procedure?
- Expected risks: Redness, scaling, time to heal (usually 7 days)
- Possible risks: crusting, scarring, increased pigmentation or decreased
- Pigmentation, skin texture changes, persistent redness, oozing of the skin, uneven coloration, worsening acne
What are the post-care dos and don’ts after this treatments?
- No SUN exposure. Please wear sunscreen SPF 30% or more daily when outdoors (regardless of the season)
- Gentle facial washes; do not rub or scrubs your skin
- Do not “peel” away at the skin. Cut excessive peeling skin with scissors
- Do not pull off the peeling skin
- Apply your after care regimen provided to you
- Apply Aquaphor on top of your moisturizer at night
- Once healed—you can resume your retinoid or other active solutions to your routine care