Your skin is the largest organ of your body. Therefore, skin care plays an important role in your overall health and appearance. With skin care, we primarily focus on the delicate areas on your face, neck, and chest, with regimens targeted on cleansing, moisturizing, and treating specific concerns. If you want to dive deeper into why skin care is important and how you can make a conscious care-plan for your skin, we’re here to help.
Taking preventive measures with a well-thought-out skin care routine is essential to long-term skin health. This can help you avoid the development of certain conditions and signs of aging, as well as reduce the severity of problems you may already be dealing with.
HEALTHY SKIN IS GOOD SKIN
Good skin care is important for the following reasons:
- It helps your skin stay in good condition: You’re shedding skin cells throughout the day, so it’s important to keep your skin glowing and in good condition. An effective routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and help keep your skin looking its best.
- Your skin will look more healthy: As you age, your skin’s cells turn over more slowly, make it look duller and less radiant. Using quality skin care ingredients can help remove dead skin cells so your body will replace them with newer, more youthful cells.
- Your confidence gets a boost: When your skin looks better, you’ll feel better about yourself and have more self-confidence.
- Prevention is better than correction: It is much easier to Preventing skin problems is easier -– and less costly – than trying to fix them in the future.
Acne Vulgaris (or acne) is a skin disease that can affect people at one time or another during their lives. It occurs when pores become clogged by dead skin cells resulting in accumulation of sebum, an oily substance produced by oil glands. Typical types of acne include: seborrheoiac (scaly red skin), comedonal (blackheads and whiteheads), papules (pinheads), pustules (pimples) and nodules (large papules). Blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and cysts can occur, with the face, neck, shoulders, back, chest and upper arms most affected.
Although acne usually starts in the teenage years, adult acne occurs also. Several factors can make acne flare up or lead to breakouts, though triggers can vary from person to person. These factors include: hormonal changes, excessive sweating, overwashing, picking at the skin, foods and medications, You can help to control the condition by avoiding things that you notice make your acne worse.
YOUR GLOW YOUTH SKIN JOURNEY
At Glowderma Medical Aesthetics, we understand the importance skin health plays in our overall sense of well-being and want to help you achieve a healthy glowing skin! This can only happen in collaboration with your lifestyle(balanced diet and exercise) as well as your skin care regiment. We then can address areas of concerns knowing that the results will be properly maintained.
Our GLOW YOUTH treatment plan include:
- Consultation and skin care plan: Our doctor or Medical aesthetician will guide you with a proper daily skin care routines that consists of cleansing, treating, moisturizing/sunscreen application. We are happy to guide you in finding a simple but effective routine that will improve your skin’s appearance and maintain your treatment results.
- Express Glow Facal: A fantastic facial that focuses on hydration and soothing the skin. It isa powerful, non-invasive skin resurfacing treatments that combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration. The Glow facial will help remove dead skin cells and impurities and deliver moisturizing serums into the skin.
- Chemical Peel: The Pro Clinical Peel (from the Perfect Derma Peel) features a powerful, clinically proven blend of acids & antioxidants for a fresh, more youthful appearance. With a pH of 2.2, the Pro Clinical Peel helps maintain and improve skin tone, texture and pigmentation. This treatment can be applied every 2 weeks.
- Microneedling: This treatment involves the use of a needling device to create small injures in the skin to activate skin rejuvenation. These controlled injuries trigger the skin’s natural repair processes, stimulating collagen and elastin production To further infuse your skin with essential nutrients, our Aesthetician will use one of our hyaluronic acid serum or growth factors ampules based on your skin conditions.